Old 12-02-2013, 02:42 PM
redbugsullivan

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
I've been fighting with a Kenmore 158.90 - not intuitive.The disks work. There are quite a few weird adjustments but I think I have it figured out. It does a good variety of stitches. I was surprised that none of the disks do a hem stitch or any multi-step zig zag stitches. You can make the designs farther apart and longer but not wider by changing either one of the two settings for the disks or by the stitch length. Does anybody have one of these machines? How do you like it? Any tips?
This machine was the one that replaced Momma's FW. You really do have to have all the dials and knobs in the perfect place for those cams to work correctly. The designs can get longer. I remember long rows of ducks on the seam of a gown made for my niece. They were good sized too. I think there is still more that needs loosening.

That machine is still available but buried under boxes of estate stuff are the things you need. If I can get to the instruction booklets, I'll scan copies to you. How many boxes of cams did you get?