Old 12-03-2013, 04:42 PM
irishrose

Dog to vet week? Gayle, my heart goes out to you as you make the final decision. I took Lily to her vet today. She has a strange lump on her head and another tiny one starting on her neck. Moira (other dog) is worried and Moira is usually oblivious to such things. The vet did a needle aspiration and couldn't determine if it is malignant or not. He could operate or we can do a wait and watch. If Lily were his, he'd wait, so I bowed to his expertise and didn't do anything for now. Lily is a large dog and will be 9 on New Year's Day. Is this the beginning of senior dog issues? Lily a senior?? She was reared up like a pony while waiting to go out this morning. Her weight is up. Do senior female canines gain weight like senior female humans?

We had 4 inches of snow on top of the ice today so walking should be better tonight. There was some freezing rain mixed in so we'll see.

My youngest daughter and a grandson came over and brought my Christmas boxes in so I will burn some calories decorating tonight and tomorrow.