Old 12-04-2013, 09:28 AM
Honchey

Such pretty quilts Mirabelle...Ronald McDonald House is a wonderful charity..

Carriem, what words are in the backround fabric of your lovely MB? The sooner you get your shoulder taken care of the sooner you'll get relief...My sister is having her surgery January 7th..I'm going to visit her to help her bake cookies next Wednesday..She cannot lift her arm at all....
I was without internet or cable service for over 16 hours yesterday...someone hit a pole and ripped all the lines out about a mile down the road....what a bummer...
Did some housework yesterday and gathered 2 large black bags of "stuff" my son left behind...surprise, surprise...discovered about 8 bags of batting I forgot I had in the little room next to the upstairs attic...

Oksewglad, we also recycle just about everything ourselves...We can't burn anything outside tho...DH is outside blowing leaves to the curb...the township picks them up with a gigantic vaccum truck...cans, bottles , plastic gets picked up also..We take all sorts of paper to the recycle center ...We use cardboard & tree twigs for kindling...I'm saving fabric scraps too small to use for pet blankets...I haven't yet figured out how to do it yet...

As I was going thru my scraps I found another DJ square that I made years ago...that makes it 11 done so far....

I, by accident, discovered a small quilt shop on the way to Delaware and will be picking up my DJ software..on sale, no tax, no shipping I'm a happy camper...

It's off to the store for me..need to get a chicken for chicken gravy..the kids love it with shell pasta..
sprinkle chicken pieces with garlic powder, onion powder, brown pieces in a heavy bottom 5 qt pot. I use olive oil...
remove from pot then saute' one large onion & a couple of celery stalks cut up just untill they are transparent...add the browned chicken pieces..add chicken broth to cover the chicken..add one 8oz can of Goya or Hunts tomato sauce..cover the pot and let it simmer 3-4 hours until the chicken is almost off the bone...you need the gelatin from the bones to get the most flavor..I then lift all the chicken out of the pot..you'll lose alot of the onion & celery..that's ok..remove as much of the chicken.discarding the skin & bones...thicken with corn starch to a semi-thick gravy consistancy..not like spaghetti sauce...ladle over pasta and let it sit for several minutes before serving..the pasta absorbs the gravy...crusty bread & a green salad rounds it out..Great leftovers too.
This can also be made with rotisserie chicken.. do not add any salt if you do...they are pre-seasoned...
got to go now..H.