Old 12-04-2013, 09:39 AM
grant15clone

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
"a little water damage . . .easily repaired" this guy obviously has never done anything like that. This one is ruined and the only way to bring it back to original is to replace the veneer.

I hate when people with no clue say "it should be easy". When I did alterations I'd have people come in and say "I only want it taken in a bit right here . . ." and then have fits when I quoted a price. Many times what they thought would be easy (just a little bit ) involved taking sleeves and collar off and resetting them.
Cathy, I hear you. There are far too many people that don't have a CLUE as to what they are asking for, or what is involved and then ask why it's so much. Hey Mr. can you move that new building over just another inch or two? That kind of ignorance drives me crazy.
I see ads all of the time that say things like "Should be simple to repair" "You can find that missing thing on Ebay" "Needs ___, it's only a couple of dollars" "Missing ___, but otherwise it is perfect". I always wonder why they don't go out and get them or do the "Simple Repair" themselves. Too busy over-watering their pot plants I guess.
~G~