Thread: Life with a cat
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 12:53 PM
QuiltedCello

3 here also My big guy was an itty bitty little ball of fluff who I picked up during an ice storm. He's my big mush ball of love. My girl is the queen diva in the house, and she does not put up with crap. She's an almost ugly cat, but I went to the shelter to get another cat and the cat I liked didn't like me, and she trotted right up, sat in my lap and chirped at me, so I took her home. Then my little blind guy, who isn't so little anymore. He's from a local cat rescue, because I'm a sucker, and I can handle (or think I can anyway) if he has a drastically shortened life.

The only furniture they claw at is an ancient couch with that almost burlap type 70's textured fabric. I can't really fault them for that, they don't touch any other furniture, and they don't damage the cushions, just the fabric. So I toss a blanket over it, and claim I'll eventually get it recovered.

If I'm sewing, they are mostly good about leaving things alone, they do like to grab scraps to run off with, and my girl likes to sit on the cutting table. Oh well, she makes a good weight to hold the fabric down. If I'm not sewing, they are naughty and try to eat thread and pins. Thus, all that is kept in a latched cabinet drawer system.