View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 07:45 PM
cooksa

Default New to quilting, and it shows...

Hello from Wisconsin. I'm a new quilter who joined looking for some desperately needed help.

SO I just started my third quilt. (My first two quilt tops would be disasters to you guys. LOL They look fine...but were sewn with 1/2" seams! Luckily it only took me one and a haf tops to realize why they turned out so much smaller than what they were supposed to be. HAHA)

So now that I have my 1/4" foot, I decided I'm sticking to all simple patterns until I get everything else down. I thought I was doing great until after I pressed two blocks and found out they won't match up when I go to sew them together (one horizontal and one vertical). They're literally a good 1/2" short so it's not like I can muss with the seams and get by.

Can give me an idea of what to check to find out where I went wrong? My seams measured to 1/4", I am fairly certain I cut my strips to the correct size, but I am going to measure those, as well. I'm completely crushed at this point, as I thought I was doing so well and everything would be fine now that I have the correct presser foot.

Any help will be appreciated.

Stacey