View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 09:38 PM
Rose_P

I believe the vast majority of people are honest and believe in the golden rule. We will not only know what to do but will do it, and I doubt that anyone who would do otherwise would admit to it in a public forum. Anyway, quilters are especially nice, aren't they!

It reminds me of a time when my daughter was 5 and we were standing in line in a busy store in a holiday rush. She spotted something on the floor that turned out to be a $20 bill. We immediately gave it to the cashier, who called her manager over. They had a policy in place of keeping any found money for a set time (don't remember how long) in case anyone came in and said they'd lost that amount. If it was unclaimed the finder would be given the money. I figured that someone behind us in line might have witnessed the whole scene and could easily have a friend come forward about a "lost twenty", but we eventually got the call that my daughter would get to keep the money. We felt bad for whoever lost it, especially because it might have been a kid. The bill had been rolled up tight and didn't even look like money when DD picked it up. I will have to ask her if she remembers this incident more than 30 years ago. I don't remember what she bought, but I think she put quite a bit of it into the Salvation Army kettle.