Old 12-06-2013, 05:53 AM
Macybaby

hmm- that link works fine for me . . . here is the text that goes with the picture - BTW Eldredge turned into National.

YOu can find some neat stuff on Needlbar - I've found the best way is to use the "search" in the gallery to get pictures of what I'm interested in. Many have notations too, which is very helpful.

0127. VS - Improved Eldredge B (I.E.B.) [Type 2-3] - Damascus

#3075880, courtesy of Sue. This version IEB vibrating shuttle (long shuttle) machine has a spool pin towards the right and low bobbin winder. Tension on the face plate, no front inspection plates, improved stitch length regulator on the bed of the machine that slightly overhangs the machine, rather than other versions with the regulator on the pillar. Automatic tension release, steel capped needle and presser bars, automatic bobbin winder, self-threading shuttle and self-setting needle. Badged here as Damascus for sale by Montgomery Ward during the 1920s.

I also found a pictures of a cabinet very similar to yours, where the machine is manually raised and lowered, and it has the front drawer that pivots out (instead of pulling out). Until recently, I've not paid much attention to the cabinets other than Singers, but now I own several non-singer treadles.

Last edited by Macybaby; 12-06-2013 at 05:56 AM.