Thread: initial set up
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 02:32 PM
Jingle
Power Poster

We have always lived in a small space. I have become very good at getting lots of things in here without looking junky. We also raised three kids here. Our oldest Granddaughter lived with us after all the kids left and years later. She moved out last March and I turned her room into my sewing room.
I don't have a design wall. I do like someone else posted, lay it out on my bed and number the rows and blocks and sew them together.
I used a 6" x 24" ruler to fold my fabrics on and stack on shelves. Under the bed boxes are great. You could buy bed risers at Walmart to raise your bed, makes it easier to get in and out of bed too. You could maybe stack two boxes high, you would then be able to store fabrics and all other quilting items. My sewing room is the largest room we have with two large closets.
As you gather ideas and use your imagination you will be able to come up with a workable set up. Years ago I stored extra blankets and quilts between the mattress and box springs. I donate anything I no longer want or use. I can't stand a messy home.