Old 12-06-2013, 04:01 PM
Bicycle Hobo

Default A Just Created 5 & 10 Minute Blocks Scrappy Quilt For The Ages

Here is my completed quilt using all of the cast off practice The 1 Seam "Flying Geese" Block Or The 3 Seam "Diamond" Block (also known and further marketed as 5 & 10 Minute Blocks by Suzanne McNeill) that I used to practice these techniques to see if they are what I wanted to use in my own quilts. I kept these practice blocks and all the leftover cotton flannels from other projects over the years (around a decade I guess). So here is the result of my decision to sew up all these leftovers and castoffs into a brand new quilt-including the e-sketch I usually do to get a idea of how the final product will look like. I do have to warn you that some of the photos featuring the new quilt has Iona the Miniature Pinscher-or "Min Pin"-dog actually on top of the quilt only one time-instead of making my most of my quilt shots so lumpy. She likes to hide underneath it as it is so cozy and warm. Hellion the Bengal cat is more happier to just not get off "her" new quilt at all and block some of the patchwork details without a care as she knows she can do whatever she wants to without me moving her off the quilt for a clean shot.

Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails quilt-e-sketch-cropped-copy.jpg   not-lumpy-quilt-retouched-50%25-reduction-copy.jpg   five-minute-flying-geese-50%25-reduction.jpg   kitty-new-quilt-resized-copy.jpg   iona-quilt-50%25-reduction-copy.jpg  

lumpy-panel-cleaned-up-50%25-reduction-copy.jpg   quilt-top-50%25-reduction-cropped-copy.jpg   quilt-bottom-resized-50%25-copy.jpg   last-us-made-fabrics-detail-resized-copy.jpg   medallion-resized-50%25-copy.jpg  

Last edited by Bicycle Hobo; 12-06-2013 at 04:06 PM.