View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 07:16 AM
alaskasunshine

Originally Posted by MissTreated
Must be the same sky I've been aweing at. Here is a photo from Hatcher's Pass on Sunday night. Most of the colors were long gone by the time I got to the car where my camera was, got the tripod set up and stuff, but it was still beautiful.

[IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...y/IMG_0007.jpg[/IMG]
We have been to Hatchers Pass a few times. Do you all remember the Lillihammer Olympics? I was at H.P. then and the Olympic team was so sweet. I had driven my car up those mountains to take some kids there to ski with the team and I was terrified to drive it down. Well one of the guys that was on the team comes over and told me to scoot over! He drove it to the bottom. They were all dressed in Holstein cow ski tights. That was so hilarious! One of the Olympians, Todd Boonstra came to our home for dinner. We had a wonderful time. Those guys are just the sweetest bunch! Many years ago, and fond memories!
Later that evening as I was returning home my car was hit! As I got home my Dad had left a message. My mom had just died in the lower 48. I called Todd and he prayed for me as I was preparing to leave to help my Dad. Todd sent us a post card from Lillihammer and we made his parents a HUGE banner for "USA'S Booney" Todd's nickname. Great memories!!! When they (the team) got back to Alaska Todd invited me to his Olympic banquet. I felt such an honor and was teated like gold...ALaska gold!!!

Every time I think of Hatchers Pass I have wonderful memories flood back. Thank you so much for sending your lovely pix outside your home.

Alaska is sooooo GORGEOUS!!!

:-D :-D