Old 12-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Candace

Default Vintage Machine on a Quilting Frame (301 photos)

I had a friend who only used this frame a few times and sold it to me. I know it's not something that I will want forever as it's very limiting in size (0nly 6 ft.). So, I can only do smaller quilts on it. I got it set up today and thought I'd try my 301 on it. It did a very nice job. I will have to double the cord length on it if I plan to keep it on the frame as it's too short. It was mainly a trial and error day and it's just a simple, circular meander so I could get my feet wet. I've never worked on a frame like this before. I plan on a longarm some day, but with two kids in college this will have to satisfy me for a while. I chose the 301 because it's lighter than the 15 and it has a smidge longer throat space than the 15. So, for anyone who's thinking about a vintage machine and frame quilting, it can be done as long as you can work around the throat space limitations, weight of the machine and no needle up/down. I have a Pfaff 362 that has an even larger throat, that I'm going to experiment with.
Attached Thumbnails img_8627_2.jpeg   img_8628_2.jpeg   img_8629_2.jpeg   img_8630_2.jpeg