View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 06:43 PM
Sunflowerzz

I too just love it when they sew like a charm or are better than we expected. Good save.

Yesterday I had to get my truck oil changed, tires rotated etc, so I did a quick run through my favorite Redding thrifts trying to beat the fast approaching snow storm home..LOL. So today I fiddled with a Touch and Sew. I wasn't really looking for one but after reading the threads here about them just a few days ago I was intrigued. So when I found one for sale cheap...I bought it. I thought what the heck I will play with it and see what all the hoopla is about. It is a Singer 758.

Well, it IS different. Took me awhile just to get the top and bottom off. My 758 fortunately is like new, I really lucked out with it. I never know what to expect from thrift stores. It was just a little dusty and cleaned up spotless. I need the cams, the feed dog cover plate if it came with one originally, bobbins and the spool cover material stuff is shot.
I downloaded a manual so now I will try to find the other items so I can see how she sews. I want to find the vintage bobbins that came with the machine if I can. If not I will try the aftermarket ones but so far most peeps haven't liked them. She has all kinds of unique and fun differences for her time and so far I like her...a lot. I really like how to store the foot control inside the case cover. It is probably the quickest, easiest and neatest one I have so far.
Attached Thumbnails 036.jpg   038.jpg   039.jpg   040.jpg