Old 12-08-2013, 05:58 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Time. Too many quilters think that if they don't have a big chunk of uninterrupted time for quilting they can't get anything accomplished, so they throw away all those 'free' quarter and half hour periods scattered throughout the day. It's amazing how much you can get done in 15 minutes at the sewing machine, cutting mat, or design wall. (The same thing is true for exercise. )
Right on! Too often we "waste" the time we could be using.
Time can be "found" by keeping a hand sewing project available to do while chatting on the phone (for those who still do that!), watching TV, waiting for supper to cook, etc. Another time finder is to leave some pieces ready for assembly line sewing, as your time allows. You can stop and start, without having to think too much as to what is next.

For me, sometimes I know I am not in the frame of mind for a specific project ... a few UFOs are justified here! I have a "mindless" one that is my go to when I "want" to sew, but I know it is not the time to do some precision piecing work.

Sometimes too, we see comments here to the point that they should be sewing, and just don't get around to it, for various reasons. What can work is to set your timer for 15 minutes, and I can stop then ... most times, when those 15 minutes are hooked, we are hooked, and ready to stay longer!

................. as for exercise?
(yes, same things!!)