View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 03:36 PM
Sunnye

Default If you have one of these machines....

Please help.

I know that a sewing machine is personal and there will be many different answers to this question:

If you had the opportunity to have one of the following, which would it be? Why?

1. Brother DreamWeaver (sewing and quilting)
2. baby lock Crescendo ('' '' )
3. Janome Horizon Memory Craft 8900 (sewing and quilting)

I have looked all three and like them all. I also looked at the Bernina but have eliminated this for my own reasons although I know it's a good machine.
I like the features of all; the Janome has a 9mm stitch width vs. 7mm on the others. The Brother and baby lock (made by the "same" company?) have a sideways stitch which would have saved me zillions of time on my last queen sized quilt. Are the baby locks and brothers comparable in life/service to the owner/etc?

My focus will be on art quilts of all kinds (I want to experiment) and baby things (quilts, hooded towels, etc.) and just having fun.

I will be selling my baby lock dream series quest as a condition to my husband for the new one.

If you have one of these, could you please give me your opinion of it. Is it reliable? Are you a fast, quick, hard quilter or nice and slow? Do you use the features on the machine? Anything else?

I will mention that I don't like to get to know all the little idiosyncrasies of a machine and have to fiddle with all the million little things that can get in the way of just 'getting to work." I just want to load the thread, put in the bobbin, set the stitch and go to it!

Thanks for any comments.