Old 12-08-2013, 06:11 PM
wildyard

I throw out very little also. I agree on tossing papers I use for doing math, etc. once they are full with no space left. I don't do paper piecing so that's not a problem for me. Thin fabric I use for foundations for my scrap strips. Really wonky blocks I take apart and repurpose the sections.
I toss receipts after I sigh with satisfaction upon seeing how much I have "saved". LOL
I pass on to others the things I don't use such as strings less than an inch, animal bed stuffing scraps (smaller than 1.5" sq), fabrics I don't have a need/use/liking for, selvedge trimmings, etc.
I try to use everything, as money is tight and I can't stand to be wasteful!!

I don't consider time I spend online, just relaxing or doing anything else I want to do (even if it's just doing nothing) as a waste. Downtime is a necessary part of taking care of me and I have long since learned to embrace the pace of my days in whatever form they take. Even if I am just sitting staring off into space, I am not wasting time, I am taking care of me, and probably getting ready to come up with a new quilt idea!!! LOLOL Hugssssssss and smiles!!!!!

PS: I do have to agree also with the comment about tossing away comments from the Quilt Police! Most especially unsolicited... the nerve! Of course, that doesn't include friends on the QB who might notice a wrongly placed block and tell me before it's too late to fix it!

Last edited by wildyard; 12-08-2013 at 06:19 PM.