View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 12:05 PM
ComeAndSew

Originally Posted by MamaDonna View Post
FYI: I was at a very well known KS quilt shop and mentioned this to the owner. She asked if I had gotten "extra" (usually 42 , 10" in a layer cakes" she stated that sometimes the manufacturer will give an extra print when they come to the end of a bolt and they know the measurements may not have been true.. I did not count my layer cake as I had already used it, but that is something to keep in mind the next time.
Thanks for the info, Soo is it the end of the bolt where the problem happens? In which case they should not be sold at normal price, they are seconds then..? Quite frankly getting extra is not the point anyway- mine did not come with any extra, anyway. The point is you don't want to cut your 10" Squares when you have a pattern for 10" squares, not only does it throw out the pattern, but each square has to be trimmed down which defeats the whole object of time saving pre cuts.

Can I add I have a moda LC and Jelly roll that are perfect, so please don't lets get put off by pre cuts, they are great when they are right, the amount of coordinating fabrics are brilliant. Just please can manufacturers get it right and not " diddle" us. That's all I ask...please....