View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 12:42 PM
romanojg

I've seen them with fleece and also cotton. I'm making close to 20 this yr. Most are NFL ones; for the women in the family that run 5'5" or below or close to it, I bought 2 yrds of fabric. NFL for the front and the cheaper matching solid fleece on the back. My boys are all close or over 6ft so I'm got 3 yrs each for them. I google the measurments and how to figure what size to make blocks depending on size of quillow. My one grandson it getting camo because he likes that and my other grandson just likes football so no favorite team like the rest do so I'm buying cotton fabric for alot of different teams and making 8 or 12 in blocks and then the back will still be fleece. On the pockets of the NFL ones will be an applique of a football and the person's name. Not sure what's going on the others besides their names. For the little girls in my life, just some bright girly fleece all with designs on them. For a close friend (my ex's wife) I have some fleece that has angels and such on it; she'll totally love it.

I will make the smaller kids sizes shorter but where it'll last a while but I wanted the older ones to actually be able to snuggle under it so that's why I'm doing it those sizes and they'll be the width of fabric. Of course I got extra plain fleece to do the pockets with. There is also a poem I found on the web about the pocket a good place to put your feet; that I'm going to embroidery as either a label or a name tag for them. The little ones gets ornaments/name tags that have prince or pricesses on them.

I don't have a pattern; I just decided the length and width is the width of the fleece; no since in wasting any or worrying about cutting crooked. I will top stitch after turning the fabric inside out to secure the edges and make sure between snuggling and washing it'll stay together. I think the pockets are 1/3 the width of fabric adding a few inches for seam and 1/4 the height of fabric plus a few inches.