Old 12-09-2013, 02:44 PM
janRN

Hi, ladies. So nice to sit with a hot mocha coffee and catch up with all the goings on. You are all so productive--the bargello is breathtaking, the table topper so festive, I'm anxious to get to the Bat Cave and start sewing.

Carrie, you will be so proud of me! I (finally) have Rosie half quilted! It's been staring at me and haunting me so I finally jumped in and started. It's not perfect (I really expect perfection from myself) but it looks pretty good. After going to a few quilt shows and studying the quilting by others I realize theirs isn't perfect either (other than the computer-guided quilting).

Talking about future projects, I'm going to do the 50 Stars with Carrie; I started doing some on my own and have about 15 done so this will give me the incentive to finish them. QNS, these are not as time consuming as the SYE blocks. It takes me a day to do a Star but at least 2 days to do a SYE block. But I'm pretty slow compared to others. We can plod along at a slower rate and encourage each other. I'm also planning to do Dear Jane but not as a BOM or BOW. I'm just going to pick away at them when I have time; I've done 4 easy ones so far so this is probably a 22 year project LOL.

I'm definitely going to do QAYG for the 50 Stars but how in the world are we going to quilt the SYE blocks???? All those seams!! Hmmm---I think they're going to be really difficult.

I hope everyone is doing well and taking care of themselves. I'm having the same difficulties I had last year at this time but I'll check in from time to time. Please keep me in the loop for any future "rides" together.