View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 06:22 PM
slbram17

Originally Posted by Capri View Post
I have used 100 weight . Compare the two. If you've made it worse, turn the screw back to the original position and then

If you are using old thread, it does get brittle and old could be as little as 6 months so give it the pull test to make sure it's still strong. Some times it's the digitising too. If the fabric is too thick it can cause problems too.

The very best bobbin thread I've used yet it the Brother thread. It just goes and goes without running out it seems! Invisifil (google) is an excellent bobbin thread too - but it is 100 wt. I've never had problems with it either.

http://www.not-just-threads.com/ also has a yahoo group with specials for group members, but is in Canada as is Invisifil.

I would really recommend trying the Brother thread which you must be able to get closer to home and if not successful, I'd say there was a bur somewhere on the scratchplate. Don't go buying large anythings until you're sure it's the thread for your machine though. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful - I'm in Australia and my suppliers would be too expensive. Let us know how you get on, won't you?
I agree. Brother bobbin thread would work perfect when other brands would fail, and they do seem to last a long time.