View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 03:02 AM
ThayerRags

I have a Viking 6020 on my bench that I think has a sticky shaft or gear in its transmission, so I’m going to be learning more about a Viking transmission. It has considerable belt dust going on with it, but I need to make sure there are no broken parts in the transmission before I worry much about the belt. I don’t see many Vikings.

I installed a speed reducer on the shop Consew 225 combination feed industrial last evening. Wrestling with that industrial head and power stand gave me a few aches and pains that I’m feeling this morning. Test operation indicated that the installation will work, and will give us a lot more slow-end speed control that’s been needed for the short-run type stitching that we do with that machine. Seldom do we sew more than a few inches before we need to make a turn or the stitch line is completed. I can’t wait to do a project on it to give it a real test. I know my wife will like it tamed down a little too. She’s been handling it ok for 7 years without a runaway, but she has always been concerned about it getting away from her.

CD in Oklahoma