Thread: Guessing Game!
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 01:03 PM
amcatanzaro

Default Guessing Game!

Time to play a game! You might remember from this thread: http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...r-t232526.html , my great-grandfather was a tailor. Over the past few months my aunt has been telling me about his sewing machine in the basement. Well, the 31-15 was in my grandmother's basement and my aunt's mind is a wore around the edges so I was assuming we were talking about the 31-15.
Time has gone on and on Thanksgiving and my aunt claimed she was looking for the machine, but it wasn't where she remembered it. Again, I assumed she was remembering the whole thing incorrectly however I had a glimmer of hope when she said it was a black machine in a curved wood case.
This morning I was talking to her and she claims she has located the machine and is hoping to get it to me soon.

So, I wonder what I'm getting. I'm guessing it's from the 40's or so and it's probably a wired machine to replace the treadle. What would be heavy duty enough for a tailor that would still be in a wooden case? Unless it was the home machine.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.