View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 05:52 PM
tjk829

Default To answer your questions....

I was very honored by the response I received regarding the Soldiers Creed quilt. My sons were also quite stunned at the response. I am reposting the picture along with the answers to some of the questions that came up. Again thank you all for your kind words! The Soldier's Creed that was embroidered on the white strips is as follows: I am an American Soldier. I am a warrior and a member of a team. I serve the people of the United States and live the Army values. I will always place the mission first. I will never accept defeat. I will never quit. I will never leave a fallen comrade. I am disciplined, mentally and physically tough, trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills. I always maintain my arms, my equipment and myself. I am an expert and I am a professional. I stand ready to deploy, engage and destroy the enemies of the United States of America in close combat. I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life. I am an American Soldier. I modified a design that my son found in a picture, there was no information about that quilt or I would give credit for the inspiration. It is meant to be a "representation" of an American Flag, not a copy so there are a random scattering of stars on the blue field, not the real 50 and there is no significance to the number that ended up there. As thanks for the quilt, my cousin and I were invited to the unit formal dine out. What an experience! The soldiers were all in dress uniforms and we were able to see several military traditions. What a surprise at the end of the presentations to the soldiers, when my cousin and I were called "front and center" and presented a plaque of appreciation by the commander! Totally unexpected and a complete shock!
Attached Thumbnails completed-quilt.jpg