View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 11:08 AM
mommafank

Boy after getting up too early on too little sleep for many years----up when I wake up. I love to just lie in the bed and enjoy the fact that I do not need to use an alarm anymore. Coffee, breakfast, a little news and then clean up kitchen. Hubby and I fit in a walk everyday. Somedays grocery store or other shopping. Lunch then fun begins-----I work on quilts or other projects or read until dinner. I love making enough for leftovers so I do not have to cook everyday. In the summer I spend a lot of time in the garden or in the kitchen putting up the fruits of our labors. We often go to visit our daughters or grand daughters. After dinner I hand quilt and we watch TV if there is anything we enjoy.

I too am a retired nurse that spend many years in Home Care and management until company closed then did case management in the WC world and I honestly do not miss one thing about being a nurse. I honestly do not miss not being around people all day long either. I am content to spend time with my hubby of 45 years many of which we worked opposite shifts and just met like ships in the night. So it is just nice to spend quiet time with him at last.

Regardless of what the day brings, never a free or boring moment and have been retired for four years.