View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 05:56 AM
vicki reno

The problem may be a combination of wrong size needle for your project as well as the thread. If you are not using machine embroidery thread and have access to some, try that. If the needle gets gummed up, try wiping it down witha small alocohol swab--those little things that come in first aid kits. You may have to try switching out the neddles--use several maybe and then wipe all of them down at once. That would be faster than constantly pulling out the same needle to give it a wipe down. I switched to a product called fine fuse. It is more trouble because it has no paper backing and you will need a teflon pressing sheet so it doesn't stick to the iron. Iron it to the wrong side of a piece of fabric a little bigger than the size you want and then cut it down to size. It is then ready to fuse to the background piece and then stitch into place. It is lighter in weight than the other stuff and doesn't gum up the needle. I do mostly applique so I try to always have a few packs on hand. It is not cheap. about $3.00 for a pkg 23" wide by maybe 36" long, but if it eliminates the aggravation--well worth it to me.