View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 07:56 AM
janiesews

I am semi-retired due to health reasons and will retire next May when I can be on Medicare. Have been a RN for 43 yrs and know I will miss coworkers and patients but am looking forward to being retired. My 2 sisters both live here and they are already retired and we plan to do some things together regularly when I retire. Walking, going for coffee, lunch etc. I do plan to do some volunteering with Hospice, Meals on Wheels, Library. I like to wake up on non working days about 7, read my devotions, make coffee, watch Good morning America, Live with Kelly and Michael and then the view. All the while I am reading emails and Quilting Board etc. By then it is 11 am and timed to get off the couch and shower get ready for the day. That is a day with no appointments etc. Then pick up, do laundry if necessary, sew/quilt/read. I am a widow so I can eat when and what I want. I enjoy being home and doing my own thing - but also belong to a guild and sew with friends frequently. Love to go to retreats with sister and friends. Get together with High School girl friends several times a year. Life is good.