View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 10:07 AM
Coloradowest

My real down fall.
I went out of town to older son's for Tday. This was costly trip I can tell you. My younger son drove me there the Sunday before and came and got me the Friday after. I paid the gas of $200. That pickup eats gas. Trip was okay. I had not been shopping for material down ther for at leas 3 years or more. I told my son I had to stop on way back for material. Ends up a friend of DIL there drove us to the next town (where I wanted to buy material) and bought material at both Cubbs. One jus a sewing shop and the other Cubbs=Ben Franklin. If we stop end of Oct and start again Jan 1st I am fine. I knew I would not be down there again for maybe a year as not driving. Material like $10 a yard there. Walmart here is like $10 a yard. I picked stuff I wanted for quilts. Must have gotten 30 yds or so. I had planned to buy a little material but not that much. Younger son asked if I had gotten my material. Yes, he is for me getting material it seems. 3 years ago I bought John Deere panel and a yard of JD equipment to cut for appliques. I made him the quilt and he really likes it. First quilt I made with panel and borders and appliques. It took me time. Was moving. I did pretty good the res of the year not buying material.