View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 10:41 PM
oldsewnsew

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
The motor was fastened to the Redeye's motor boss. It swings away when you want to put the machine away. Someone managed to foul things with the motor and the lift so that the machine would not go all the way up. We had to dis-assemble quite a bit to get her free. Here is the motor:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]451084[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]451085[/ATTACH]
Finished repairing similar motor, cleaned up the armature on a mini-lathe, replaced shot wiring, a little cluging on the reversing contacts and brush holders. As much as I had trepidations about working on this motor, it actually went okay. I put it on a Variac and turned up the voltage, and it ran fine. Then hooked it up to it's original foot control.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]451534[/ATTACH] I put it back together and had a wee bit of stitch trouble, due to bobbin tension. On a whim, I decided to look and see if one of those little discs of lint had formed in the bottom of the shuttle bobbin case, like what happened on my 127 and 128. Sure enough, picked it out of there and cleaned the end out with Q-tip and alcohol and the bobbin tension smoothed out! 3 out of 3. Grab a flashlight and look down those shuttle bobbin cases, maybe you'll see a similar situation! I took a short video of the New Home Free Running, running cause I was so happy!
Jim
Attached Thumbnails 2013-12-12-18.19.51.jpg