View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 03:23 AM
ThayerRags

I got the Viking 6020 sewing again. The transmission was kind of “stuck in neutral” with no damaged parts. The set screws had backed off of the BW shaft. I’m sending it back out with the existing belt on it. It’s still got some life in it.

I got to do a small job with my Consew 225 that is freshly outfitted with a Speed Reducer. I sewed an embroidered patch onto the front of a baseball-style cap. It’s like having a completely different machine! The added control is wonderful.

I cut out some recycled billboard vinyl to make of couple of small hip bags for my grandsons, and planned to sew them up with my Singer 31-15 treadle one day this week, but it’s been a little too cold in my bike shop to enjoy messing with them. We’ve had snow on the ground and below freezing temps for over a week straight, which is really unusual for here, and I have the bike shop curtained off from the rest of the house so it only gets enough heat to protect the water system to the clothes washer and water heater.

It’s supposed to warm back up in the next few days, so once I finish the hip bags, I want to start disassembly of the rusty Adler 205-64 to see if I can get it cleaned back up and working. I gave it an oil soak over a week ago, so it should be ready to start removing screws and parts. I’ve never messed with a stitcher this big, so I’m anxious to get into it. It will make a really nice addition to my machine herd if I can get it going.

CD in Oklahoma
Attached Thumbnails machine32_35.jpg   machine32_36.jpg