Old 12-13-2013, 07:21 AM
southernmema

I absolutely love this thread! So many memories and like others, some good, some not so good. Also, like some, my parents had very little to give, but my mother would save 25 cents from the grocery money when she could and put it in a can for Christmas. The one year that really stands out for me is the year I got a "bride" doll. She was so beautiful! White lace dress, beautiful tulle veil with beads, lace, and flowers on it. She had red lip and fingernails and white high-heeled shoes. She held a bouquet of tiny white flowers in her hand. But that's not all....my mother was an expert seamstress and on her cherished Singer66 she had made the most beautiful "wardrobe" for my doll. Mother had bought a doll clothes trunk (light green) which had tiny white coat hangers upon which she hung the clothes. I remember a beige suit with a white blouse and a sassy beige matching beret, a yellow evening gown with lots of frilly ruffles, two pairs of pajamas, some casual things like jeans with tops. I thought I was in heaven!! I still have the doll and the trunk. I don't know what happened to those precious lovingly made clothes though. Oh my, wish all Christmases could be as memorable as this! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!