Old 12-13-2013, 11:26 AM
Cre8tvlwyr

I can go ahead and make a "reverse schedule" or start with the last couple of months and tack that to the beginning.

The one concern I have is for newbies if we simply go in reverse. The reason I say this is because I had taken many suggestions from the former DJ group when making up the first schedule. Meaning, it is very "beginner block heavy" during the first 6 weeks. The end of the schedule is 'advanced heavy.' Those of us who started in Jan '11 have 'fizzled' at different stages. Some of the suggestions I received was to make a schedule that allowed 'Janiacs' to sew rows together as they advanced through the schedule thinking we would be more likely to complete our 'journey' ....of course people like myself weren't sewing them together anyway because I for one think I will change the position of some of the blocks to balance the colors I chose to complete them. Some haven't decided whether to machine or hand quilt. I know some of my non-QB members near home are working the entire Jane by hand and in "around the world" fashion - starting in the center and making rows on point as they continue and immediately attaching them.

I think the main disadvantage to working it in reverse is the difficulty level though. What if I combine these suggestions? thinking as I type..... no good.... I dont know where everyone is?? I have blocks L2, 9, 10 and M1, 4, 8, 9, and 11 remaining and 13 tris scattered in the last three months. It would be too hard to combine first of the A blocks with the M blocks?? counterintuitive??
thoughts??
M