View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 11:40 AM
RugosaB

Default Wonky golf quilt

Last year my oldest son bought a house on the local golf course and my youngest son is living with him. My oldest has a golf quilt that I made a couple of years ago so I decided to make one for the other as a Christmas gift.
He said he was going to get some furniture for the room where their tv is and said he hadn't decided yet, gray or brown, but had a lot of time since it would be after the first of the year.
So I decided to mix some gray and some brown into one quilt

I had a print in my stash that would work, and if you looked really really close, you can see brown and gray!
For quilting, I just stitched in every ditch and stitched a big diamond, and that was it. I knew if I added anything too curvy, it might be deemed too girly (this is a bachelor house dontcha know!)

New things I tried - all worked out well and will be used more often -
cutting the batting into 3 sections so it's easier to fmg on my home sewing machine
using Elmer's to hold the sandwich together - no pins necessary
gluing the binding the Sharon Schamber way

I used a free pattern from this page, called a walk in the woods
http://www.unitednotions.com/fp/free...-polaroid.html
The only thing I did differently was to stitch the long rectangles diagonally BEFORE cutting, that way I didn't have to deal with a bias edge. It was a very easy pattern, and there sure are a lot of them on that 'for free' page. I think I'm going to be very busy

Just remembered - another thing I did differently was to make each block just a half inch bigger so if my wonky square points didn't meet, it wouldn't matter
Attached Thumbnails image20.jpg   image19.jpg  

Last edited by RugosaB; 12-13-2013 at 11:44 AM. Reason: forgot