View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 01:13 PM
Vridar

CD, good point about thread distribution. I have a cone holder with the wire hanger (whatever it's called) and I was thinking of how I could stabilize it. The cone of thread came with the machine and the previous owner had a wooden spool glued/taped inside the cone. The spindle was/is wrapped with duck tape. I was pondering why. He must have had distribution/tension problems as you suggest. I like the idea of the boot and can thing. I also like your stool. I've got a step stool with a round top and the steps fold into the stool. A leather top on it would look pretty cool. Thanks for the thoughts. I've not threaded the machine yet. The previous owner used wax and dripped it all over the machine. Good thing is it protected some of the places, bad thing is it's a b@@@h to get off. Going to soften it with a hair dryer next go round. The little wooden drawer has a partial block of black wax and the reservoir is about half full of the black stuff. The needle/bobbin area is in remarkablly good condition (famous last words for the man who hasn't tried sewing yet). It didn't come with a threading wire making me wait to thread it until I get one. A good thing, otherwise I'd have had it threaded and sewing (?) and neglected maintenance.

Last edited by Vridar; 12-13-2013 at 01:27 PM.