Old 12-14-2013, 09:12 AM
urgodschild2

This is just a sample of what one can do. I do not have enough of the tea cup fabric so I will not be using this but it can give you an idea. Also the pattern I picked is very simple but there are many that make stars which are simple and not paper pieced. Perhaps we should let each other know what pattern we are leaning toward to see if we all feel confident in making it. I am ok with any pattern except paper piecing.
Ok the sample. I picked the Pennslyvania block from Quilter's Cache. I then lookd at my material and came up with two colors that I liked and would be ok having people do either one. Here is that example of that.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]451686[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]451687[/ATTACH]

Now this is the block all finished. I choose the lighter color but dark is fine too.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]451688[/ATTACH]

Remember I will not be using this fabric as I do not have enough to send out to 12 people (actually 11 as you should make one of your own.) I will be picking something else (sigh: decisions decisions) Maybe I will find something in Australia.......pricey there but they do have some different fabrics.

Barb
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0428.jpg   dsc_0429.jpg   dsc_0430.jpg