Old 12-14-2013, 09:38 AM
oldsewnsew

Default a little help with New Home Light Running stitch please?

'So I have her all together and running off the Hamilton Beach swing away motor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNj9TzSuSug . And working on the motor was kind of fun...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]451689[/ATTACH]but... stitching some cotton will eventually break the upper thread by unraveling and breaking it at the needle eye. I've tried various threads, albeit usually cheap polyester or old mercerized cotton covered poly. Same results after a few inches. The needle I had in it, was a tad longer than ones that I had in Boyes thread containers. They are 1.5" long with the center of the eye 1/8" from tip of needle. The needle that was in it, was about 1.73" long with the center of the eye 3/16" from tip of needle. The 1.5" needles are marked "40 to 60". The threads are not marked as to thickness, but I'm trying for least fuzzy, smallest diameter. As I mentioned elsewhere, there was a disc of lint that had accumulated in the end of the shuttle, same as on my 127 and 128, causing catches. Removing it helped, but I'm not sure exactly sure which needle is correct. And perhaps the needle bar height is a tetch off? Any thoughts? Thanks
Jim
oh, BTW, I wrote down that it needs 20x1 needles, is that the longer needle length. 45mm x 2 mm shank (1.77" x .080")?
Attached Thumbnails 2013-12-08-15.54.12.jpg