View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 06:49 PM
q.alba

Hello,

I want to thank all of you for your game suggestions for the guild Christmas party.

Our party was last night. The President axed Bebe's strip poker suggestion. I thought it was a great game to do, but she did not think so since we meet in a church basement. If anyone can think of another name to call it, maybe I could get it through some other time.

So, after much more deliberation, I prepared a "greet and meet" mixer where they had to "find someone who...," such as, "Find someone owns at least 3 sewing machines." They could only have one signature from each party goer on their sheet and they could sign their own sheet. I allowed them about 15 minutes before the meal and then some time after the meal. Time was called and the person with the most signatures won a prize. (There were to be 30 present and there were 34 choices on the paper. One lady had all but 6 filled.)

Then, after I found out I could borrow an LCD projector, I made a Quilt Jeopardy game using a blank PowerPoint Jeopardy game I got from a fellow teacher. (A big thank you to all teachers out there who generously allow other teachers to "borrow" their stuff.) Winning team with the most points got to go to the prize table.

One thing I did that was not related to the games was to have everyone wear a name tag with the number of years they have been a member.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank all who responded in October to my plea. I got some great ideas and that also got me to put my "thinking" cap on.

Faye