Old 12-15-2013, 05:22 AM
janRN

Thank you all for the compliments on my little DJ block. Glad I started with an easy y-seam, maybe the next won't seem so intimidating. Next challenge: an applique block, again an easier one with only 2 pieces to applique. Pretty sure I'm not going to do the applique blocks, not something I enjoy doing. I know I sound like a spoiled brat but I'm old now and if I don't enjoy doing something, I don't do it L)L.

QNS, if I lived with you I'd weigh 300 pounds!! Everything looks so yummy--I'd need a plate the size of a serving tray so I could have some of everything. Mmmmm....

Bev, I've never done a crumb quilt--that is so bright and cheery. Do you applique the black strips on after you make the block? Great job, can't imagine quilting through all those seams.

Mirab-what can I say? I'm speechless! That is the most beautiful bargello I've seen. I love the color combo and the arrangement. WOW!! And it looks so nice in that bedroom, are you sure DD is going to receive it?

Anael, great progress on Sylvia. Now, the quilting. Again, probably lots of seams like FWS & PC--not going to be easy but I know you can do it. And yes, I've used the trick of adding a border around too small blocks; I agree too small is better than too big. If you trim a large block you loose all your points. Can't wait to see Sylvia finished.

We got about 6-7" of snow yesterday then freezing rain overnight. It's only 22* so everything is frozen solid--can't walk on sidewalks, my road is like a skating rink. Looks like a good day to stay in and finish Rosie--only 2 more blocks and the border to quilt, then binding. I see the finish line!!!

Have a great day--stay warm and do something you love!