View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 06:29 AM
GwenLawson

I am also doing Amish with a Twist 2 but I did keep up with that one. (I have done many other BOMs and not been able to keep up especially with the ones with applique. I usually hand applique and I just can't do it that fast .) I have found that if I get started on the next block as soon as I can, then I usually finish it on time. That being said, I have had last month of Amish with a Twist 2 since December 4th and haven't started it. It is only a wide border with cornerstones so I don't think I will have any problems finishing it by January 4th but you never know. I remember that month with all the cutting and all the piecing. It took forever!!! Hang in there. The rest is pretty easy. I do have a question though. I noticed that the material fringed a lot!!!! I had so much cleaning up to do to get all the stringy things off. Did you have this problem too? The lady at the quilt store said that solid fabrics don't get woven as tightly and that might have done it. All I know is that I don't want to do another one with that problem.