Old 12-15-2013, 07:58 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Good Sunday Morning Ladies ......
What a week!! A week ago, I was catching up from being away ... WORK and Christmas'ing to do!
Then ...
Mon ... made 3 evergreen wreaths and 10 swags; evening-spied a small river coming from the hot water tank; service call deemed that it was time for a new one
Tues ... installers to be here between 8am-noon, arrived after 2pm!; couldn't be near the computer in order to hear the doorbell when they came; meanwhile got the wreaths/swags hung!; back to catch up mode
Wed ... here at the computer all excited to catch up with you and then ... strange things were happening!!; called techie and yes, delivered computer for his TLC!
Wed/Thurs ... out of office WORK
Thurs ... computer back with beasties gone (aka rogue applications)
Thurs/Fri ... Christmas company; and yes, I cooked a full turkey dinner with all the trimmings
Fri night ... got computer back running after company gone; back into catch up mode!
Sat ... hair appt and errands; wicked storm; went to hair and skipped the rest

About the "beasties" in my computer ... BEWARE!!!
My techie was able to identify that the problems arrived via the illegitimate Java update (yes, I stupidly accepted it). I am seeing THE SAME mentioned in some of the threads in the "QB Help Centre".

While he had my system, he updated all, and sanitized it from all the different sorts of beasties that jump in and are beyond are removal by the normal software we have to protect our systems from such. Now here;s the interesting part ... the Java Update request has come back again.

Sooooooo .... be very careful ... if it is a pop up in the centre of your screen, DO NOT accept it. Delete it via your Task Manager. It looks very real ... similar logos, colours, etc .... If it is the real thing, it will show itself in the bottom right of your screen.

*sigh*
I'm deleting it via the Task Manager for now and will call Mr Techie on Monday ... so if I disappear ...........

Meanwhile I have been on the QB some, but had to save this one til I had a sit-down time to read it all .... so here it goes!!!
(pot of hot tea at the ready to keep me propelled thru all!!)