Old 12-15-2013, 08:22 AM
tammystitches

Cricket, Thank you for sharing your experiences with this same machine. My machine is one passed down to me when my Mom upgraded to a newer Pfaff.

Thank you everyone for sharing on this. .

More that once I have wished that I had kept my basic Kenmore Sewing Machine which I bought in 1980 for this kind of quilting.

The thread I am using is on this quilt is Gutermann. I had in the past used Coats & Clark and when I had the machine serviced this year they said there were some broken threads in there giving me the problems I was having. I have Metzler thread for my next top ready to be quilted.

I feed the bobbin through the needle, as that seems to work better than directly from the spool. I will start winding the bobbin more slowly as I have not always been slow with that.

I have changed needles, but not with topstitch needle. Put on a quilting needle thinking that would help.

The common theme here is that I need to hold both tails of the thread and that would be the best fix for all of this.

How do I pull the bobbin thread up through the quilt top in the middle of a quilt to begin the quilting holding both tails for the first 4 stitches? It is easy when sewing along the edge as both tails are right there. I am looking at the manual but not seeing it.. I will search it some more.

Again, thanks much.

Last edited by tammystitches; 12-15-2013 at 08:24 AM.