Old 12-15-2013, 10:40 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

While I was gone, I see you Ladies had some good discussion about our group and the future.

Oh yes, our group has been together thru so much these last few years and weathered through the highs and lows of life. So much that our virtual friendship has gone beyond and into another somewhat IRL dimension! I can hardly imagine life without each of you now!

For sure, I want us to stay together. However, as has been the case throughout FWS/PC, many have had other projects going on in the background and been involved in other groups and projects. Yet we seemed to always come home to FWS/PC! I'd say it's a testament to the success of our group that we are seeing the interest in new groups starting, with our FWS/PC'ers taking the lead. After all, we know that we cannot make new threads just for us, as was discussed long ago, when it was decided that we would do the MB swap within the PC thread and the Spikes as a new one.

CarrieM and Anael et al ... I would love to do the 50 Stars and Sylvias with you, though for now, I just have to sit by the wayside and oooh and aaah at what gets made. When I organized my UFOs, I truly did *gasp* ... knew they were there, but they became more real when I did that organization and vowed I had to be careful what I started aknew!! Maybe some day!

When we were considering new projects for the PC group (last winter/spring?) I believe these were discussed along with Dear Jane and a few others. Because there was no unified heart towards any one project, the MBs were started to give us something to come together.

So now, for the proverbial "Elephant in the Room" ... Dear Jane ... in those earlier discussions there was minimal interest here in PC (again, this is as I recollect). It kept calling me, and I finally decided it was just something I "had" to do. I shared that I knew I would not likely do it, without a group for encouragement and support, for I knew that I would never have completed the FWS/PC without the group. Though I knew I did not want a regimented BOM/BOW routine. It seemed that others (PC'ers and other QB'ers) felt the same if they were to do DJ. I knew I would not be ready til the winter and/or Christmas ... so here we are now! (BTW ... I do think some that said no initially, have now decided, oh yes!)

Somewhere along the way, some seem to think I would be starting a BOM type of thread. However, that was never the intent, but rather a general thread and let everyone work at their own pace and in their own routine [eg. # blocks per week, anal order (for Jan!), start at inside and work out (TATW) etc.] ... whatever worked for each person!!! The thought being that the thread would be a place to come together to nudge and encourage, ask for help, get answers, and of course, a place to post pics of blocks completed and get that much needed support to trundle on when the going gets tough!!

It seemed my thoughts were not unique as many saw DJ as a background project, to do in between other projects/quilts, etc. In my case ... when I feel like doing it!! I know having a group for some accountability, will help me keep plugging away at it.

If someone wishes to lead a DJ BOM/BOW/BOEOW group, please approach PatriceJ, to make the arrangements. For sure, I'll encourage and support you in the upstart and as the group proceeds.

I will still start a thread as promised earlier.
I look forward to hearing more comments and feedback.

Here's to a continuation of our Friendships, here on this PC thread ...
... and in many other projects outside of it.
Besides we still have a group job to do ...
... there's still some PCs that we need to help get across the finish line!

Last edited by QuiltE; 12-15-2013 at 10:57 AM.