Old 12-15-2013, 02:59 PM
deedum

wow, reading this thread is awesome. Myself, some good memories, some not, of Christmas. My favorite memory is of my mom. She would always make sugar cookies, and fudge and divinity. She would put the icicles on the tree one by one carefully. She would make stars and wrap in aluminum. They would shine so pretty! I think that is why I like glittery things today. We had Christmas cards hanging in all the door ways. My dad didn't get to into Christmas, after my mom passed away at such a young age, he didn't care to celebrate Christmas it seemed to me. He would read the bible each morning though. One year, he surprised us with a tree and gifts. I miss him dearly, I tear up just posting this. I married a man who didn't have Christmas at their house, no good memories. I made sure our children had nice Christmas's, even though my dh grumbled. Now our children is grown and it is not the same. I still put my icicles on one by one and make those cut out sugar cookies. My tree is decorated with lots of shiny glittering decorations. Some things don't change.

Last edited by deedum; 12-15-2013 at 03:16 PM.