View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 05:15 AM
Elisabrat

Default Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

MEDALLION STYLE QUILT SEW ALONG BY ELISABRAT

Hi! I have decided it would be so much fun to make a medallion style quilt with all of you. Each month we will be working on one new round to circle our center medallion. The starting center will be 12.5 inches to 24.5 inches of your choice or follow along with the pattern that I post. Each subsequent month there will be two choices of rounds for you to sew one easy one a bit more challenging. This way each of us can make a round that is closer to our personal abilities. I will be working up the easier designs and Jaba will be making the ones that are a tad harder or labor intensive. With so many choices we will all be making a medallion quilt yet the possibilities of such a variety of quilts that can come out of this are amazing and you will find out how addicting these things really can be!

I hope that many of you chose to sign up. Its a great way to explore new borders and possibilities for your quilting experience. We will learn new tricks with each other and share our projects. Posting pictures is so much of the fun and the chatter is just as exciting. I will be posting the new rounds on the 1st of each month by 9 am Mountain time. So join in on the fun with me and lets make some amazing quilts! These quilts will have one center and six rounds each round being anywhere from 3.5" to 9.5" inches wide. So the larger your center the larger your quilt will end up. Please count on at least 3 yrds of focal fabric and an estimated 3 yrds of coordinating fabrics to finish a larger sized lap quilt. This is a great quilt to make scrappy if you like scrappy or coordinated scrappy. We will discuss this all together at the beginning of the quilt along in more detail. See you January 1st! Elisabrat