View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 05:28 AM
Stitch124

Default My iron bit the dust......

Last night I was patching a pair of slacks that had worn thin between the legs. I was using some Steam-A-Seam to patch the new fabric on the inside of the leg. First patch went fine. Then something happened to my iron. It heated up to infinity and beyond. When I went to iron the next patch to the pants leg, my iron just touched the fabric (polyester) and it melted like a stick of butter.........all over my iron...!!!!

I was able to clean the iron ok but of course the slacks are toast so in the garbage they went. No loss really, I wanted to get some new slacks anyway. Patching was only to see if the slacks could last a few months longer.

Anyway, back to the iron. Just to finish cleaning of the last bits of crud on the soleplate I turn on the iron and ...... it's ka-put! I plugged the iron in a different outlet, turned the iron on and off, nothing. It's heating element just stopped working.

I will admit I was working on a quilt top yesterday that needed every piecing seam pressed after each one was sewn. Lots of up and down of the iron. I guess after a few months of heavy duty use, it just said....no more! I only spent $20 so I feel like I got my money's worth.

I guess a new iron is now on my Christmas list from Santa. Since I'm my own Santa, I'll be shopping for another one this week.

Kmart - hear I come! Have lots of points to spend there so I could get it for free!! Yeah!