View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 10:24 AM
Elisabrat

I hope all of you ask any and all questions. No such thing as a dumb one this is really a fun thing to make and to see how you can really change up a quilt by using the different borders. I was always using sashing and solid borders now I think wow this could make a very simple looking quilt pull out a very complicated look (fairly easily too) . I am making mine out of fabric and scraps I already own, mixing them with white so they all pull together and it should be a fun sunny quilt (I HOPE!). I will finish my center today and post a pic so you can get an idea of what I will be using. I think there are lot of pretty panels you can trim down to a size that works with this. Also one can put their center on point, to turn the quilt into a much larger one just note that you will be making a whole lot more blocks the bigger the quilt. a 12.5 inch quilt will end up probably around 48" square plus minus depending on the size round you add on. ALSO: at any given point if you feel that your quilt is getting really busy you can chose not to do a round that month but add a simple sashing all around to calm it down .. I like these between the rounds at times so it breaks it up? its all up to you. Get crazy! get wild, throw your hat in the ring and play along with us!