View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 06:45 AM
Elisabrat

This is not a quilt as you go its simply a quilt top we all will be making. As we go along everyone shows their progress and at the end their finished top. Some who are super fast even post their quilted top. The little quilt shown wow all I can say is those are a whole lot of tiny pieces! very pretty and that is a lovely example of what you can end up with. only much larger. I think this is a free flowing, each month a different challenge and the cool part is there are a couple rounds being suggested each time so you can pick the one that really fits best with your center. The rounds usually are made of smaller blocks 4.5 or 6.5 inch in size so one round might have anywhere from 20 on up blocks in it. this is how you end up with such cool designs that circle your quilt center. Its not difficult to do it just takes a bit of planning and cutting to make something so amazing. The fabrics are all your choice. Use what you have use something new and you can use a whole lot of them or just a few.

January we will be talking about our Centers and giving ideas on patterns and sharing all our photos. I didn't want to start this earlier too few could play. If you are done then your ahead of the game already and can work on your other projects but please chat along with us. We are a great group already and I know the conversations will be lively.

Hope your all enjoying the Winter holidays. I finally got all my ornaments put up and now.. it feels like Christmas. I am so happy with the shining lights, the sparkly ornaments.. the smell of cider on the stove, pecans baking in the oven..those things make the holiday complete for me. Oh happy days!