Old 12-18-2013, 09:07 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

One of the worst Christmases for me was when I didn't have a lot of money. I told my oldest son we were going to make our own Christmas tree. I got a large piece of card board and cut out a tree about 4 ft.tall. We got the crayons out and I did have ornaments. Attached the tree to the wall and stuck the ornaments into the tree with paperclips. When we opened our gifts.(I only had $25.00 to spend on each child (2). Couple packages had multiples, so I broke the packages open and wrapped each piece so it looked like more presents. Broke my heart but he was 8 yrs. old and dad hadn't sent any support for few months. Turns out he needed to spend that on Christmas for the oldest one. When my son finished opening his gifts, he looked at me and said "That's it?" I nearly broke down but told him his behavior the past year warranted no more. He apologized and said "Wow, things will change!" He was happy though after he got to the grandparents and made out like a fat rat. He is going to be 43 in the spring and talks bout that Christmas often. he also told his grandparents (My parents) that it was one of his best Christmases. That was the year his mom knew how to stretch a budget and he learned from that.