View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 04:49 PM
Cathieinut

Wink

Yep that's it Caroline...a friend gave me the pattern several years ago and I do it in starts and stops! LOL

I think if I were to start all over I would use larger pieces...those 1.5x1.5 are so small and if you aren't accurate it really shows up! I am searching for some dark-dark donations on the board a several have volunteered to send me some. Everyone is so nice here.

Sharon- I am very familiar with Bonnie's Quiltville site...I am in the midst of sashing the Pineapple Blossom blocks right now which is one of her free patterns...she is so generous to share so much. I am also doing her mystery right now and got some leftovers to add to my dark dark pieces. Not doing that one on my treadle though I just don't feel as confidant with my seams as I do with my trusty Viking #1 but since it is 20 years old it consider it almost vintage!

If anyone wants to know...
There are 4 patches made from 1.5x1.5 inch squares
Rectangles from 1.5 x2.5 inch pieces
then the alternating blocks are 4.5x4.5 inch squares...
I have been piecing the 4 patches forever and now I am adding rectangles to a bunch so that I can get a few blocks finished to admire all my hard work! Hee hee hee