View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 07:46 AM
Sandy1951

Welcome! :D

I'll bet you're excited about your future quilting studio! Here's a web site that may help: http://aces.nmsu.edu/pubs/_g/g-412.html

Have you ever read "Creating Your Perfect Quilting Space: Sewing Room Makeovers for Any Space and Any Budget" by Lois L. Hallock? I borrowed it from the library and found it helpful.

I'm in the process of planning my new quilting room also. We're moving right after Christmas and I'll have almost the entire upstairs for my sewing room. The house itself is fairly small, but the second floor is all one room. There are two large closets, one of which I'll probably use for my granddaughters' toys and other belongings that they keep at our house. We're hoping to get a television and small couch to put on that side of the room. And I have to allow some space for bookshelves and possibly a desk. But the rest will be mine. There are five windows, one north, one south, and three east, so it's well lit. The ceiling is slanted on one side, but not the other. I have a large, older dining room table that will work well as a cutting table once we add risers. I should have space for a decent-sized ironing table and of course for my sewing table. There's enough wall space for a design wall. I'm tentatively planning to store my extra fabric in the large closet on "my" side of the room. The upstairs is freshly painted and newly carpeted. I'm really looking forward to getting organized! :D

Sandy