Old 12-20-2013, 06:13 AM
LAHH

Default 2013 UFO's finished - Retirement is GOOD!

I have almost completed my first year of retirement and have actually met some of my 2013 New Year's Resolutions. I vowed to finish some of my UFOs that have been gathering dust on the shelf. I finished a queen size quilt & sham set for my daughter "Corner Cats" using Puss in the Corner Blocks alternated with plain and appliqued silhouettes of her cats in the 4 corners--all quilted on my home sewing machine.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]452495[/ATTACH]

I finished a tablerunner for my son, "Home is Here" with stars representing the states he has lived in and Dutchman's Puzzle & a tulip block alternated with plain, machine quilted with symbols special for his life.
This was a paper pieced project and the first I had done. It wasn't as fearful after the 2nd block. I should have started with a simpler project.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]452492[/ATTACH]

The last one I finished wasn't a UFO, but a baby quilt for my grandson, born in April 6 weeks premature. A few weeks in the NICU and lots of love and he is fine now and catching up with size. "PJs Promise" started with a Noah's Ark panel that I put a flannel backing on and quilted. The quilting really made the animals, waves, clouds & rainbow (for God's promise to care for us always) pop out.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]452493[/ATTACH]

I also completed several knitted dishcloths, crocheted tops for hanging towel for family and friends.
My 2014 resolution is to finish a quilt that my Dad cut the squares for me about 30 years ago. He died in 1987, so it will be a tribute to him. I recently found the box with the squares and realized that I had a hand colored pattern for a full-size quilt and had also started piecing the rows together. I also want to make a quilt & sham set for my king bed. I am thinking of making a disappearing 9 patch and using all the odds & ends of Charms I've collected. That should go fairly quickly and look scrappy.

Everyone have a Merry Christmas and a wonderfully productive 2014.
Attached Thumbnails mikes-tablerunner-december-2013.jpg   pjs-promise-december-2013.jpg   corner-cats-quilt-melissa-ann-held-mike-chuck-october-2013-2.jpg